Skip to content

A New Project

July 26, 2010

I have finally finished a painting project! I don’t know what it is about painting, but I just don’t like it.  I bought this chair at a thrift store ages ago for $5.  And it took me months to get around to recovering the seat.  And a few more months to start painting, and finally on Saturday afternoon during naptime I finished it up.

It used to be a hideous color of dirty honey oak.  But I really liked all the twirly curvy lines on it.  I covered the seat cushion with some fabric I’ve had for months, and I just realized on Saturday that it is exactly the same color as the walls in my crafty room.  It’s just cotton, so it might not last long, but it was less than $1 for the scrap, so I don’t really mind.  Besides, it probably won’t get a ton of wear anyway.  I don’t actually sit on it very often.  I usually sit on a little stool when I’m at my desk.  It just seems more comfortable.

My next project is going to be pretty fun.  I am still just as in love with Beauty as I have always been, (and I think I always will be) but now I am going to put her to work.  I am hoping to make some notecards with these photos.  And I don’t know that I would sell them, but I sure like them!

I got this idea yesterday night and unfortunately it’s pretty cloudy and overcast today (hence the awkward photo of my chair as well).  So these pics aren’t exactly how I’d like them.  Yet.  But I love the idea, and just because they aren’t perfect doesn’t mean I’m not going to use them today.  Beacuse as soon as Creamie wakes up we are going to get a pile of them printed.  I have some mail to send!

Tonight we are going to a 10 year reunion of sorts.  I am going to see a lot of my friends from Russia that I haven’t seen in so so long.  I can’t wait to see everyone!  Happy Monday!

9 Comments leave one →
  1. July 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Love! Those note cards are adorable! And the chair! And I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages. What’s up with that? (And one of these days you really need to show me this amazing craft room of yours.)

2. July 26, 2010 7:10 pm

you might be surprised at the cotton surviving. i put some cotton–granted over another piece of heavier material, but on my porch chair. it finally fell apart this winter after sitting out in our VERY hot and VERY cold weather year around for at least three or four years. so…hopefully you love the material!! 🙂

3. July 26, 2010 10:47 pm

I love your chair makeover!!! You did a great job.

4. July 27, 2010 8:15 am

Dear Friend,

I LOVE your blog. You are extremely creative and a precious Mom who I wish lived next door. I am brand new to blogging. I have a lot of creativity in my head….but I do not know how to transfer it to my blog, using the computer!!! This is very frustrating. Is there a website you could recommend? I am dying to use many different fonts and colors…but have no idea how to get there. I am new to WordPress. I also do not know how to “tag” a post. If you have time…I would love to know your thoughts/advice for a new blogger.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Sincerely,
    Stacey Pybus

5. Liz Merrell permalink
    July 27, 2010 7:04 pm

I really like your cards! Another great idea from your brain!!

6. Liz Merrell permalink
    July 27, 2010 7:05 pm

p.s. I have a really cute shelf out in my garage that one day I will redo and paint–it’s been at least a year. I found it in someone’s garbage pile on the curb. At least I hope it was their garbage pile. 🙂

7. July 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Sorry I’ve been silent for so long, but life has been so busy with family in town for a week, Lego camp for my kid, and a mountain of work waiting to be done. The lady bug apron is precious, and oh, how I love the note card idea! I think those will be simply perfect!!

8. July 30, 2010 9:26 pm

the new chair looks great! I love these photos, they’d make great cards. Great idea.

Trackbacks