Here’s the Scoop
I was cruising my reader today bookmarking all sorts of pretty things when I saw this post and thought I’d play along. Rachel, with beautiful curly hair and adorable children, is one of my teachers in the online craft class I am taking this spring. On Friday’s I usually post the things I’ve been sewing during the week, but none of them are quite finished yet. So, this Friday I’m going a different route. Here’s the scoop:
1. When do you feel happiest? I love the feeling that comes from making something, or turning it into something better than it was before. That could be making dinner, or teaching Creamie a new word (lawnmower is the current favorite. She looked for one outside yesterday for more than half an hour) or it could be sewing something out of nothing. Or cutting out a million paper hearts for hours and hours because I like the look of free hand better than a punch or a die cut (I have both, and I still picked scissors.) Or it could be making a closet look cleaner than before. Oh man, I love cleaning out closets. Or it could be….. I could go on.
2. How do you take care of yourself? I do what makes me happy. I cook something new, I clean out closets (I still get giddy everytime I open these doors and this lovely thing looks back) and I spend some good quality time with my scraps and my threads and my glue and my snacks.
3. Are you internally (by yourself) or externally (by others) motivated? Both. I love to see what others are doing and making. I love reading comments from friends or complete strangers who appreciate the things I have posted here in my little inter-spot. But I love to hang out alone at my crafty desk in the quiet hours of the night and just listen to my own thoughts. I should listen to what they are saying more often. They have some great ideas.
4. What do you do for fun? Oh, you mean besides make stuff? I don’t like to watch TV much, so that’s out. I love to catch up on my latest blogs. I love to take Creamie to the park to let her go down the slide (she is fearless) or play with other kids. Or just watch her play anything is pretty adorable. And I love to talk to my girlfriends. I love it when their husbands have to tell you that it’s super late. I love laughing so much my cheeks hurt and laughing so hard I cry.
[ image from MaggieMayberryMarket on Etsy ]
5. What intimidates you? Zippers. I take them to my mom. I would rather do 30 buttonholes than a zipper anyday. One day I hope to get over this fear. I’ve heard it could save me time.
7. Finish this sentence. I never ______ go outside my house without earrings and mascara. Ever.
8. Favorite vacation spot. There is a cabin up in the mountains along a red dirt road and next to a spring fed little creek. It’s tucked away on the side of a hill and is surrounded by red rocks and green pines. It’s quiet, and happy. And the chairs on the backporch get lonely without someone sitting in them all day. We are happy to keep them company anytime.
9. Today is a (rate from 1 – 10). Somewhere in the nineish range. Creamie took a 4 hour nap, I got to talk to some great girls, and there was that lawnmower we tracked down. But I didn’t eat any dinner. Other than those graham crackers.
10. Finish this sentence. If you knew me really well you’d know _____________ That there is no way in the world I am ever going to eat maraschino cherries. Or anything else cherry flavored, or fake cherry flavored. The real ones are fabulous when they are fresh, but add any bit of processing, or when they just make stuff up (that would be any fake cherry flavor that tastes nothing like a real cherry and everything like medicine) about cherries it is always no good. Oh man, but doesn’t that picture make you wish they were ready to eat already? Go look at the gorgeous cherry blossom’s around the internet and try to be patient till summer.
Have a happy weekend! I am going to play with one of my favorite people in the morning, and I am sure some thrift store shopping will be involved. Oh, and isn’t it wonderful that the owners of my new little spot already know Creamie’s name! I think it’s wonderful. I’ll see you Monday with some lovely new treasure!