Little Pink Dress
I just finished Creamie’s Easter dress. It’s made from a pink sheet I bought on my thrfting jackpot last week. (I still don’t know if my new/old sewing machine works. It’s under stacks of fabric already!) I used Butterick B5017 and after I took out two inches out of the bodice it went together as perfect as could be. And she looks so cute, I just can’t get over it!
I used maybe 1/40th of the pink sheets to make this dress. Which, if you do the math adds up to all of $.15, and the lining was basically free because I bought those sheets like 3 years ago and I’ve definitely already got my money out of them. The only other thing I needed to make this dress was 1 yard of eyelet trim, which cost $1.57. This brings our grand total to under $1.75. Man, I love being cheap! And I am totally getting addicted to buying sheets at the thrift store. It’s just so much fabric for so cheap! I can’t get over it. Of course, the sheets take up a lot more space in my stash than my usual fat quarters or yard purchases…. I’m going to get to work doing something about that problem. It’s an awesome problem to have. I’m linking up to Sew&Tell. Go check out the other projects, it’s a great way to start the weekend!