Skip to content

Twink Costume Tutorial

October 20, 2011

Two years ago for Halloween I was Rainbow Brite and Creamie was my little sidekick.  I first posted pictures of these costumes for Halloween 2009.  And since then I have had dozens of requests for a tutorial, or for me to make costumes to sell.  I have priced out what I would charge to make a Twink costume.  And it is over $150 for time and materials.  It isn’t a hard costume to make, but like most sewing projects, it takes a while.  And I am not interested in working for free.  I charge for my time for custom sewing (and so should you!).  And a few people were interested, but not enough to pay for it.  So, instead of selling finished costumes I thought I’d just write the tutorial and if someone is interested then they can make one themselves.  And then everyone is happy.

rainbow brite and twink costume diy tutorial

This tutorial is just for a Twink costume.  I didn’t make the Rainbow Brite costume.  I borrowed it from my sister, and she and my mom made it years ago.  It is a royal blue dress with a full skirt.  It has a heavy interfacing petticoat underneath to make it stick out.  Add white trim around the bottom (this is fusible fleece) and a red belt.  The finishing touch is rainbow striped thigh high socks.  You’ll need two pair.  Cut the feet off of one pair and wear as rainbow sleeves.  Add some killer red shoes and you are good to go.  Now, onto Rainbow’s little Sprite named Twink.rainbow brite and twink costume diy tutorial

For my twink costume I purchased rainbow striped tights (I found mine at a thrift store, but Rainbow Striped babylegs/legwarmers are pretty easy to find.  This pair on Amazon is only $4.  I also purchased a red long sleeved onesie for her to wear underneath her Twink costume.  Now, onto the sewing!

rainbow brite and twink costume diy tutorial

The Twink costume is basically a white fluffy pumpkin.  When I was talking to Scott about it he said “It’s a pumpkin in fun jeans!” (please  tell me someone else remembers this episode of TheOffice…) I used this basic Simplicity pattern and combined the pumpkin bodysuit with the hood from the lamb costume (sans ears).  Simplicity has renumbered their patterns and this is now labeled Simplicity 2788.  It is available at Joanns, Hancocks, Hobby Lobby, Amazon or any number of different places.  I bought mine at Joanns on one of their 99 cent sales I think.  Use the measurements on the back for yardage required.  I am not going to go into that here because it’s all right there in the pattern that I used.

rainbow brite and twink costume diy tutorial

The white fuzzy fabric I used is white  Silky Furry Fleece.  I got mine at Joanns (here it is).  It comes in Red and Brown and Cream and Black and White.  I lined the whole costume with regular white fleece.  You’ll need to line it because the stuffing goes in between the two layers.  Creamie was only 9 months old when she wore this, and I had to take about 10 inches out of the smallest size because it was so large.  The costume has velcro at the shoulders and elastic around the bottom and it goes together pretty easily.  I did modify the hood just a bit, besides leaving off the ears.  I added about 1.5 inches to the length in the back so that it would be long enough to cover all of her neck and meet up with the bodysuit and to make it look like one piece.

rainbow brite and twink costume diy tutorial

The belt was really easy.  1: I used royal blue nylon webbing and a bit of Velcro to hold it together.  After I had the bodysuit finished i measured around it while it was on Creamie and cut the nylon to length.  I used less than 1 yard. 2: For the little pouch to hold star sprinkles I used a scrap of red felt (about 2.5″ x 6″.)  Round the corners on the top flap a bit and then just stitch it together, no need to turn it inside out.  Sew on a button and make a tiny slit for the button hole. 3: The star is from a sheet of stiff yellow felt (you can buy pre stiffened felt at craft stores.)  It is 3.5″ across.  I hot glued a belt loop onto the back so that I could thread it onto the blue belt. 4: Thread the star and the pocket onto the belt and you are good to go.  I decided to make them all separate pieces so that I could wash the bodysuit separately if I needed to.

rainbow brite and twink costume diy tutorial

Her little star antennae are also separate pieces.  Because I was sure the hood would need to be washed after she wore it.

rainbow brite and twink costume diy tutorial

Cut four stars out of the stiff yellow felt and hot glue a big fat fuzzy pipecleaner in between them.  Then I attached the pipe cleaners to two alligator clips with a little hot glue and by wrapping the wire around the clips.  I clipped the antennae onto the hood by sliding the bottom side of the clip through the fuzzy fabric.  I could have made button holes or something but I just shove the clips through the fabric.

rainbow brite and twink costume diy tutorial

I tried to find cute little red shoes for weeks but in the end decided it would be cheaper to just have her wear socks over a pair of shoes she already had.  I bought a pair of red socks and cut off the tops.  I just zigzagged around the edge of them with my sewing machine and she wore them over her shoes.

rainbow brite and twink costume diy tutorial

Put all of that together and it is one of the cutest costumes I’ve ever made.  If you have any questions, ask them in the comments and I’ll try to answer them here as well.

A few nuts and bolts things: 1: If you are traveling, take off the bodysuit before you strap your kid into their carseat.  That one should be pretty obvious.  2: I am not affiliated with Amazon or Joanns or anyone else and I am providing links to products they sell as a convenience to you.  I am sure similar items can be found other places.  3: If you want to make these to sell in an online shop or at a craftsfair or whatever, go ahead.  But please provide a link back to this tutorial in your listing or on a tag attached to the costume.  That’s just being nice.  4: I’d love to see any costumes you make, please email them to me at pinksuedeshoe at gmail dot com or leave a link to your post/picture/whatever in the comments.  Happy Halloween!

102 Comments leave one →
  1. October 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Yep, still completely adorable.

Love, love and more love.

xox

2. October 20, 2011 4:41 pm

this is seriously the cutest thing ever. love it.

3. October 20, 2011 5:16 pm

Thank you so much for the tutorial! This is an amazing costume!

4. kiki permalink
    October 20, 2011 5:22 pm

that was the cutest thing my eyeballs have ever witnessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is a doll, and you look gorgeous!

5. October 20, 2011 6:08 pm

OMG!!!! That is the cutest costume duo ever!!! Both of you look fantastic!!!

6. October 20, 2011 7:21 pm

it is way too cute. I still can’t believe she was walking then.
    And hi friend! I miss you! We’re doing well… adjusting to life with two! :)

7. October 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Good job! Creamie doesnt even look real in the second to last photo of her lol

8. October 21, 2011 12:58 am

you look both so lovely!

9. Roberta permalink
    October 21, 2011 7:32 am

Thanks for sharing, you are very creative….

10. October 21, 2011 10:23 am

Since i only “met” you last year, this is my first time seeing this and I am completely blown away! But wait! The tutorial is for the baby’s costume! What about YOUR costume! Which is equally brilliant by the way!

Your pictures made me smile. The best Halloween costumed duo ever!

• October 21, 2011 2:22 pm

See 2nd paragraph. There is no tutorial because a) the costume was created before tutorials existed (hi, 2005) and b) it was dreamed up between my mom and I and a bunch of graph paper. We didn’t use a pattern or anything like that. The key is finding the rainbow-stripe thigh-high socks and buying 2 pair. Add a cobalt blue dress, a red belt, and you’re good to go. If you want to be fancy you can add white trim to the dress.

xox

11. October 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks for putting in the part about how much it costs to make things. I think a lot of people don’t realize that sometimes materials alone will put you at $50 before you even start cutting out anything!

12. vicki permalink
    October 23, 2011 7:26 pm

I am a friend of Amy W. through our daughter Heidi. I love your blog, and frequent estate sales. I found a set of vintage sheets I would like for you to have. I can send them but will be in UT on Wed. for a couple of weeks. We have a new baby grandson and their parents live in Provo. This is a crazy comment, but didn’t know how to email you.

13. October 24, 2011 6:01 am

I saw this on Pinterest. It’s adorable !!!

14. yanin permalink
    October 24, 2011 8:00 am

Your the best! Thanks for posting this!

15. Elizabeth permalink
    October 26, 2011 3:47 pm

This was soooooo awesome! I love it!!!!

16. October 27, 2011 3:00 pm

a super cool friend of mine posted your link to my page suggesting we do this for Halloween. Since the kiddo WON’T wear hats and hoods yet (she doesn’t remember the cold from last year) I’m thinking this is a next year costume. Did I miss a link for the Rainbow Brite Costume info? I’d like to do the whole shebang and other than not being Blonde myself we just might be able to pull this off. Any help (where did you get those awesome rainbow leggies and arm stuffs?) would be greatly appreciated. I LOVED watching Rainbow Brite as a kid! GO 80’S!! W00T!

• October 27, 2011 3:42 pm

There isn’t a tutorial for the Rainbow Brite costume. My mom and sister made it probably 6 years ago just drawing it out on newspaper and cutting it to fit. But really the key is the rainbow socks. Blue dress, red belt and awesome rainbow socks on your arms and legs (see the second paragraph of this post). I have seen them at a few Halloween costume stores this fall, but I just searched Amazon for rainbow socks and more than a dozen options came up ranging from $3 to $20. So they aren’t that hard to find with the right keywords. Good luck next year!

e.

17. October 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Thank you so much for the tutorial! I just finished up the costume and we wore them out tonight for a party and got many compliments :) I posted pics on flickr with a link back to you. Thanks again!

18. Heather permalink
    October 31, 2011 2:33 pm

I was waiting for this tutorial! :) Your costumes were my inspiration this year. Thank you for being so awesome and inspiring. Here’s what you inspired….

Happy Halloween

19. Carole B permalink
    October 31, 2011 2:51 pm

The cutest thing I’ve seen in a long time…truly. Thanks for the pleasure.

20. Andria permalink
    October 31, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks for the inspiration! Here’s our (non-sewing) version!

21. November 3, 2011 10:57 pm

Thanks for the inspiration. (I did not make my daughter’s Rainbow Brite costume. That is a vintage costume that my mother-in-law made).

22. Marilyn permalink
    November 4, 2011 10:02 am

Thank you so much for the tutorial…i’m so excited for next Halloween :)

23. November 10, 2011 12:06 am

I remember how excited Heidi was to make this costume years ago…and I am so glad you reinvigorated it with your adorable addition. (Wasn’t this last year?) SOOOO cute. I can’t wait to make stuff like this for my little girl.

24. December 15, 2011 12:12 pm

LOVE THIS.

25. christina Ramirez permalink
    March 18, 2012 7:56 pm

I luv these costume I would luv for you to make me one for my baby

26. Isa permalink
    April 29, 2012 9:21 pm

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why many adults end in therapy and send their old folks to awful retirement houses…. hahahaha…. just kidding, as a 80’s girl who dressed up as Rainbow Brite for her 5th birthday party, all I can do is salute you, it was amazingly cute!!! ^-^

27. Rebecca permalink
    June 22, 2012 10:29 pm

OMG I shall die of cuteness! So happy I found this now – plenty of time to convince my nearly two year old that she should join me in rainbow explosion happiness! Oh you don’t even know how happy you’ve made me!

28. Rachael permalink
    July 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Love Love Love this idea!!! My oldest daughter wants to be rainbow brite (but with sparkles) and now I’m thinking of making a similar twink costume for the baby.
    Thank you so much for sharing – this is awesome!

29. August 18, 2012 11:39 pm

It won’t let me pin this page onto Pinterest :( It says that there are NO pinnable pictures on the page… However I love this idea!

30. Emily Munro permalink
    August 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Love this costume were did you get the tights

31. August 30, 2012 9:13 pm

I absolutely LOVE this! What a fantastic costume idea! I am just tickled right now, this rocks!

32. September 5, 2012 10:36 pm

As I said in the very first paragraph I don’t make this costume to sell. It would cost about $100 for my time and materials and most people are not willing to pay that for a Halloween costume for a baby. So I wrote the tutorial instead, so if anyone was interested they could make one themselves. If you don’t sew yourself you are welcome to send this tutorial to anyone who does sew who is willing to make one for you. But I don’t have time to sew custom projects. Good luck!

e.

33. Stacie permalink
    September 6, 2012 1:37 pm

I loved this idea and was able to make the twink costume for my daughter just by looking at your photos. I am a beginner at sewing and it turned out awesome. The rainbow brite costume i had help with, and together we were a hit.

34. Stacie permalink
    September 6, 2012 1:45 pm

Here is my version: http://pinterest.com/pin/279293614362289006/
    I used ribbon for the belt and and old headband with antennas from the Target $1 section.

35. marg wilson permalink
    September 14, 2012 7:15 pm

The pic of this sweet little thing is now my screensaver!

36. Diane permalink
    September 15, 2012 6:40 am

In your tutorial you mention that you put stuffing between the silky fleece and the lining fleece. Stuffing is not mentioned in the pattern. Did you stuff it lightly or pretty tight? I am trying to sew this for my daughter and granddaughter this year. It is an adorable idea for Holloween. Diane

• September 15, 2012 10:57 pm

I just used a little bit of stuffing in between the lining and the fluffy outer layer to make it a little rounder. So pretty lightly stuffed. :) good luck, I hope you send me a pic of them, I’d love to see it!

e.

37. Jen Smith permalink
    September 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Did you sew your dress or just got lucky and found it? Because I absolutely LOVE this costume idea but I would rather not spend $40+ on my outfit. If I do not use this this year (she will only be four months at halloween) I will next year!

That being said, do you have any other cute mom/daughter costume ideas?

38. Erica Lyden-Giger permalink
    September 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Making this costume right now! Actually making 2!
    Almost finished!

39. Shara permalink
    September 28, 2012 10:58 am

How do I order one? Email me if you have time to sell me one before Halloween. I LOVE it!!

40. October 1, 2012 12:35 am

So so so cute!!

• Sherrer Motes permalink
      October 1, 2012 10:21 pm

Is there anyway you can make me one before Halloween? If not do you know where I can buy one? I am not real crafty so I much rather buy it then trying to make it. I absolutely love it. Will you let me something asap Thanks so much!!!

• Sherrer Motes permalink
        October 1, 2012 10:27 pm

Sorry disregard my previous post. I just read where you do not make the costume to sell. Thanks for posting tutorial I guess I will try to make it myself! Wish me luck!

41. ethel permalink
    October 12, 2012 10:24 pm

this is amazing!! i´m gonna copy for me and my baby hehe.. you make my day! or i might say my first halloween with my newborn!!! thanks for this amazing & cutes idea

42. Lara permalink
    October 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi there,
    Love the tutorial, thank you. I’ve bought the pattern and will attempt it for my daughter this Halloween. Quick question: did you use any sort of stuffing to make the costume puffy? The directions only instruct for a fleece layer between the lining and outer fabric. Was this all you did to get the rounded, fluffy look for yours? Thanks. Laranoelle@hotmail.com

• Lara permalink
      October 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Oops, just saw your previous post about the stuffing…nevermind!!!

• October 16, 2012 12:52 pm

I did use some extra stuffing in mine. I used about half of what was in an old living room pillow. A small package of poly fill (about $3-$4 I think?) should be more than enough. Be sure to send me a picture, I’d love to see it!

e.

43. Crystal permalink
    October 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks so much for this tutorial! I spent hours planning a Twink costume design and then looked on the internet for inspiration…only to have found that you had done EXACTLY what I spent hours planning, but with a pattern. THANK YOU for saving me from tons of trial and error! I made a few tweaks to the tutorial, but overall followed the same formula. It turned out so well and will go great with my daughter’s homemade Rainbow Brite costume:

Twink: http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac220/crys0904/Random/100_2722.jpg

RBB: http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac220/crys0904/Random/100_2262.jpg

• October 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Your pictures are great!!! Thanks for sending me a link. Seriously, so great (:

• Kari permalink
      October 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Crystal, the Rainbow Brite costume is amazing! I can’t believe this is homemade! I wish I knew how to make these things… and had a sewing machine. Just love them!

• Crystal permalink
        October 31, 2012 10:30 am

Thank you so much! It was my first self-drafted pattern, so I was pretty impressed with myself. My peacock feathers were all kinds of fluffed, lol!

44. October 20, 2012 3:44 pm

I just wanted to thank you as well for the twink tutorial!! I made it and we got first place in the costume contest!! Thank you so much for sharing!!–Jaime

45. Tiffany Harrell permalink
    October 22, 2012 11:55 am

Thank you soooo much for this idea! So cute! I cheated a little when making this for my 7 month old. I bought a snowman bunting costume and converted it instead of using the pattern to create my own. Here are the links to a couple pictures of my girls in their costumes. http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j291/tiffbwood/Halloween%202012/HalloweenCostumes004.jpg

46. Sophie permalink
    October 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi,
    It’s almost midnight (UK) and my house is covered in fluffy twink material! I’ve been working on this gorgeous little costume since 3 this afternoon with a half break to feed the family. I’ve no idea why I’m attempting to do this having not picked up a needle and thread since primary school, but just couldn’t resist! I’m a complete novice so have a few questions (0please don’t laugh!) How an earth do I sew the hat together?! I’m contemplating just going for gold and hoping it works out, but I’m low on material and don’t want to risk having a twink with no hood! Did you use a machine to sew everything together, or by hand? My husband has bought me a cute little machine earlier today (and has since been hiding in the den!) but I’m not sure again, what setting to use etc? And finally, I guess I need to stuff with filling before sewing the hem up after I’ve put the elastic in?
    I love the costume so much and my 21 month old daughter will hopefully be wearing mommy’s version this Thurs at her preschool Halloween party. Thankyou for sharing it with us :)

47. Taio permalink
    October 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Thank you so much for the great instructions. We are getting the best compliments and it wasn’t hard at all. Rainbow brite was my favorite character as a child, so when a cousin of mine saw this she said I had to do it.
    Would love to send you our pictures but can’t figure out how to post them?

• October 27, 2012 8:09 pm

I have been admiring this idea for a few years. I wanted to do this last year, but my daughter was only 7 months old and wasn’t walking yet. I saved it for this year and even got my husband in on the act! I was Rainbow Brite, my daughter was Twink, and my husband was Murky Dismal, the villain. Here is a link to my blog to catch my tutorial and some pictures. http://cutetutes.blogspot.com/2012/10/rainbow-brite-family-costumes.html

48. October 30, 2012 6:40 am

Found this on Pinterest and went right to work! This Halloween, our little lady is Twink, mama is Rainbow Brite, and dad is the Starlite pony. Thank you so much for the inspiration! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22350413/Twink%26RBB%26Starlite.jpg

49. October 30, 2012 12:18 pm

I am in LOVE with your Twink costume! Rainbow Brite was my FAVORITE cartoon when I was little. I was Rainbow Brite back in 2004. When I have a child I am so doing this! Also, I have a Costume blog and you should totally submit your costumes! They rock!
    creativecostumesrock.wordpress.com

50. Amy Brown-Westmoreland permalink
    October 31, 2012 7:32 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial! You are so creative! I took advantage and made the same costumes for myself and my tot this year. I’m not sure people knew who we were, but my little one was especially cute nonetheless! Thanks!

51. Deitra permalink
    October 31, 2012 10:37 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS TUTORIAL!! My daughter, who is almost 2, and I were Rainbow Brite and Twink this year (today) for Halloween and we got so many compliments! Her costume was so cute!!

52. November 1, 2012 10:15 pm

Thank you! I loved it…Unfortunately, my daughter must have a big head… I did the smallest sized costume and even took it in a bit, and the largest sized hat and even added a couple inches and yet, it turned out a bit smaller than I wanted… but thank you!

53. Judith McCloskey permalink
    November 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Thank you so much for the tutorial. I made twink for my grand daughter and rainbow brite for my daughter. They were awesome at boo at the zoo and several parties. Thanks again.

54. December 8, 2012 2:10 am

Thank you for your inspiration! I had a blast being Rainbow Brite!

55. MANV3L permalink
    February 15, 2013 10:23 am

Wow…. its amazing, your girl look amazingly beautiful! congrats

56. Looples permalink
    April 27, 2013 8:24 am

I saw your picture before but didn’t realise there was a tutorial too, thanks for sharing. the costume and your little one is adorable!

I’ve just made a rainbow brite costume for myself and found this while looking for an image to see what I may have forgotten. so pleased I came across this as now I can re-use the costume and dress up my little girl as my side kick for Halloween. :)

57. Laura Richards permalink
    May 14, 2013 6:10 am

Wow what a fab mum you are!!! We over in Australia don’t celebrate Halloween…unfortunately:( And your photos made me melt!!! I wish we did! You’re so talented! How fun:) And you’re little one is delish:) well done on the costume.. looks absolutely ridiculously cute! I follow your facebook page which brings back memories from my childhood which I frantically search online for, so my little girl can hopefully cherish and enjoy as I did:)

58. Gin permalink
    August 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Has anyone sent you pictures tht may want to sell theirs? I CANNOT sew!!! Lol.

59. Gereme permalink
    September 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi..are you selling this costume?

60. Lonie permalink
    September 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Such cute costumes! I loved Rainbow Brite as a kid. My mom even painted the rainbow brite characters in my room when I was a kid!

61. Rubarb permalink
    September 28, 2013 5:53 am

I love this costume! How did you adjust the pattern? You say you took off 10 inches, what does that mean? Thanks!

• September 28, 2013 7:41 am

What I mean when I say I took out 10″ is it was way too big around for my 9 month old baby. So I adjusted the seams and made it 10″ smaller across her chest so it would fit. :)

62. Sarah Gilland permalink
    October 7, 2013 7:53 am

Too stinking adorable!!! I found this because I want to be Rainbow Brite (I already have the costume) but I want to make a Twink costume for my dog……

63. Jennifer permalink
    October 8, 2013 1:18 pm

Is there ANY way you can make me one of these! I will pay you whatever!! :)

• Jennifer Canfield permalink
      October 8, 2013 1:26 pm

Seriously! I am in desperate need to have this costume. I have minimal free time due to 3 kids and working, and I have absolutely no experience with sewing. My husband’s 30th birthday is this year, and we are having him a huge party. I would love for me and my little one to be star brite and twink. Please help this desperate Mommy! :)

• August 11, 2014 11:20 pm

No qutsieon this is the place to get this info, thanks y’all.

64. jomeeks permalink
    October 10, 2013 8:41 pm

I made the Rainbow Brite costume( McCall’s pattern), 26 years ago for my daughter. At that time I also wanted to make the Twink costume for her little brother to wear but had no clue how to do it. Time passed, I gave the Rainbow Brite to someone else to use after my daughter outgrew it. My daughter has often told me how that was her favorite costume, and was so dissapointed I no longer had ownership of it. Recently she asked about it again wishing she had that costume. I googled and found the old pattern for Rainbow Brite on E Bay, as I was searching I found your post for your Twink…….. I am so excited! This year I will have both Rainbow Brite and Twink for my grand daughters. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. If not for you I would have had no clue again on how to make a Twink. Thank you so very much!

65. Viviana permalink
    October 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Sooooo cute!!! I’m doing it next year. Thanks got the great instructions.

66. Jasmine H permalink
    October 31, 2013 10:56 pm

Thank You sooo much 4 this tutorial!! It was EXTREMELY helpful and the costume can out perfect!! Had rave reviews today and just wanted to extend my gratitude! =)

67. November 27, 2013 10:16 pm

The moncler jacka http://lovangsgarden.se/images/Billiga/moncler.asp/ are extremely stylish and very good wanting .

68. Desiree permalink
    June 15, 2014 6:48 pm

I was Rainbow Brite for Halloween last year, I bought my costume on Amazon though. This November I’ll be a first time mom and will most likely not be celebrating Halloween. However, next year I’ll be wearing my Rainbow Brite costume one more time with a new addition! My baby will be almost be 1 year old by then and I’m definitely going to be making this costume for him to wear! I had so many compliments and strangers taking my picture, I can only imagine the attention we’ll get together!

69. July 9, 2014 3:33 pm

I pay a visit everyday some sites and sites to read posts, except this blog offers quality
    based articles.

70. July 26, 2014 6:50 pm

It’s very easy to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at this web site.

71. Sandy permalink
    August 23, 2014 2:52 pm

I have never used a sewing machine and this will be my first attempt in working with a pattern. But i have a 5 year old who wants to be rainbow and a 9 month old who id love to make a twink costume for. Your tutorial is helpful.Wish me luck.

72. Eva permalink
    August 29, 2014 12:54 am

Thinking about making this twink costume but was wondering if you used stuffing for the head piece as well as the body?

• August 29, 2014 8:51 am

I just followed the directions in the pattern, no stuffing in the headpiece. It’s just lined with fleece to help the fluffy outside keep its shape a little better. Good luck!

Trackbacks

1. Another Halloween Story « pinksuedeshoe
  2. A Halloween Story « pinksuedeshoe
  3. DISFRACES en familia | mamasmolonas
  4. DISFRAZARSE en familia | mamasmolonas
  5. Rainbow Brite « Lindezas
  6. HILARIOUS HALLOWEEN COSTUME IDEAS FOR TODDLERS
  7. Rainbow Brite and Twink | Webness
  8. An Utterly Adorable Rainbow Brite and Twink Cosplay
  9. 11 Kid Cosplays We Love!
  10. Halloween Costume Ideas | belleandthebear